Tagging content allows you to easily organize content into subject categories. Tags can then be used to filter the viewing of content in galleries.
To tag content:
- Go to your SocialFusion gallery's Content Manager
- View your "Published Entries."
- Select the entries you want to tag. You can also click on "Select" to select all visible entries.
- Click on "Add Tags" to either apply an existing tag or create a new one.
- To apply an existing one, check off the box for the tags you want to add to the entries and click on "Apply."
- To apply a new one, type in the name of the tag you'd like to create and click on "Create New."
- You cannot create a new tag and add an existing one at the same time. If you'd like to tag entries with an existing tag and another you'd like to create, you must to this process twice.
To view only certain tags in the Content Manager:
- Click on "Tags."
- Select the tag you want view. Now only entries with that tag will be visible in the Content Manager.
- If you don't have any tags or if you just recently created a tag without refreshing your page, the "Tags" menu will not appear. Create a tag and refresh the page to see the menu.
To create a menu tab in the navigation for tagged entries:
- Go to the "SocialFusion Gallery" step of the "Edit" section.
- Under the "Navigation" section, turn ON the "Tags" option. Now, ALL your tags will be visible to viewers through a drop-down menu that will stand as a tab below your header image.
- You can name the tab whatever you'd like.
- Select the tagged entries you'd like to untag.
- Click on the tag icon and make sure the tags you want to untag are no longer selected. Then, click "Apply."
- Your selected entries will now be cleared of those tags and will no longer appear under that tag.
To delete a tag, you must select all entries tagged with that tag, and then untag them. If a tag has no entries, it will be deleted.
- Select the tag you'd like to delete from the Tag pull down menu. You can only choose one tag at a time.
- Make sure all entries are visible; you might have load more entries to see them all.
- Click on "Select all" to select all visible entries.
- Click on the tag icon and unselect the tag you'd like to delete and then click on "Apply.
- The tag, with no entries, will now be deleted and no longer available in the tag menu.